May 11, 2021

Sports Legend

NRL News | Mitchell Moses set to reject Brisbane’s huge offer to stay at Parramatta


Parramatta half-back Mitchell Moses is reportedly set to turn down a huge offer from Brisbane to re-sign with the Eels.

Moses has until round 10 to activate an option to stay with Parramatta for 2022.

News Corp reports that not only will he adopt this option, but he will sign a new long-term deal that will keep him at the club until the middle of the decade.

Brisbane is believed to be ready to offer Moses around $ 1million per season, but the 26-year-old will stay at the Eels for around $ 900,000.

The only sticking point seems to be the length of the deal, with Moïse after a four-year contract while the Eels hold on to three years, with the parties expected to reach a resolution shortly.

Earlier this week, rugby league legend Wally Lewis said Moses took a big step forward with his game.

“Mitchell Moses (is) probably a guy that surprised me a bit,” Lewis told QLDER.

“He put on a wonderful performance and I think probably his age too, he still has a few years left. I just think the way he’s played his football lately has been so admirable, it has impressed everyone.

“That you hate Parramatta, you’re still here and watching some of his performances and being seriously impressed. He did a great job.”

The Eels are currently just two points behind competition leader Penrith and face the Bulldogs tomorrow night at Stadium Australia.

Moses’ likely re-signing at Parramatta is another piece of the puzzle for 2022 and beyond, with a number of halves in the market. With the signing of Tom Dearden from Brisbane with North Queensland, Adam Reynolds looks likely to sign with Cronulla, Shaun Johnson moving from the Sharks to the Broncos.

For a daily dose of the best of the latest news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter in Click here!