Harry Kane: Nuno Espirito Santo has not spoken to the Tottenham striker about his absence but expects talks “soon” | Football news
Posted On August 5, 2021
Nuno Espirito Santo said he had not spoken to Harry Kane since the forward skipped Spurs training but expects to speak to him “soon” to sort the situation out.
Tottenham’s new head coach has apparently yet to meet Kane, who has yet to return to training after leading England to the Euro 2020 final last month, and has missed the first two sessions for which he had to appear on Monday and Tuesday.
Spurs are expected to fine Kane for his absence, while the 28-year-old believes he has a gentleman’s agreement with President Daniel Levy that he will be sold this summer. Spurs’ position remains that they have no intention of selling the player.
“I plan to speak with Harry soon. I haven’t had a chance yet. We have to work things out on our own first, then I’ll talk to you,” Nuno told reporters after Preseason 2. -2 from Spurs. draw at Chelsea.
“It’s not that I don’t want to comment, what I believe is that this whole question in relation to everything should be discussed internally, among ourselves. Let’s try to avoid any sort of public argument or argument. discussion about it.We need to focus on what is important, resolve the situation between us.
“We will resolve the situation internally, with the club speaking out and trying to find a better solution and a conclusion to the situation.
“The whole preseason has been tough for each club. It’s different, I know, but the absence of a lot of players due to international duty has made it difficult for many managers.”
Nuno was joined by goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini and winger Bryan Gil in north London this summer, and Spurs struck a £ 47million deal on Tuesday to bring defender Cristian Romero to the club from Atalanta .
Spurs head coach stressed the need for his side to continue to strengthen ahead of their Premier League opener at Manchester City on August 15, live Air sports, and stressed that more work needs to be done before the transfer window closes on August 31.
“We are still working very hard, as you can imagine, on this aspect,” he said. “We need it, but it’s very difficult to improve our team. We have very talented players, very good players, it has to be balanced, but Steve and Fabio do not have an easy job in terms of improving our team.We have to be precise and choose the right player.
“Our team has to be balanced, but it has to be quality, something that we don’t have, players that we don’t have, we have to be careful.”
Tuchel: Lukaku a “fantastic” player
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel declined to be drawn over the Blues’ pursuit of Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku, after the player himself told his club they should accept their next offer for him.
The Belgium international has already been the subject of two offers from his former club, the last valued at 85 million pounds sterling (100 million euros) including Marcos Alonso, Chelsea are expected to return with a third offer.
“I will not talk about the players who do not play in my team. He is a fantastic player but an Inter player, and with respect, I will not talk about him,” Tuchel said.
“Everyone wants to come here, hopefully. Not everyone, unfortunately, but I can imagine a lot of players want to come and join us. But we don’t talk about it.
“I think that with the exit of Olivier Giroud we could use a player used to playing back to goal, we could add that direct style of play to our portfolio.
“This is a characteristic that is not Tammy Abraham, Timo Werner or Kai Havertz; it is not a profile that we have in the team and that could be useful, but not out of panic or at any price. Whatever happens, we will be competitive. We are relaxed. “