SAO PAULO: Pele will be released from intensive care in a day or two as the great Brazilian footballer continues to recover from surgery, his daughter Kely Nascimento has said.
The 80-year-old three-time World Cup winner has been in Alberto Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo since doctors removed a tumor from his colon earlier this month.
“He is doing well after the operation, he is not in pain and is in a good mood (annoyed that he can only eat jello but he will persevere!). He will move into a regular room in a day or two and then go home, ”Nascimento said on Instagram. “He is strong and stubborn and with the support and care of Einstein’s brilliant team and all the love, energy and light the world sends, he will make it! “
The hospital said last Friday that Pelé was recovering satisfactorily.
Pelé has suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk without help. His public appearances were already cut off before the Covid-19 pandemic and since then he has made some unnecessary forays outside his home near Santos. – Reuters