Francis Ngannou hints at boxing move due to Tyson Fury handbags vs. Deontay Wilder

Ngannou filled with speculation he could move on to UFC boxing, after comparing his handbag to those received by Fury and Wilder for their heavyweight trilogy

Video upload

Video unavailable

Boxing: Fury challenges Ngannou, McIntyre and Joshua

Francis Ngannou has hinted at a move to boxing as he claims the same prize as Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.

The Cameroonian is set to face Cyril Gane in a unification clash at UFC 270 early next year.

And he’s always been linked with a move to the Iron Square, as his frustration with financial incentives in the UFC continues.

His latest explosion compared his own gains to heavyweight boxing handbags from the weekend.

“Well he [MMA] is more difficult [than boxing]. I think I shouldn’t need to borrow money for my training camp, “Ngannou told MMA Hour.” At some point, I’ll go get the money. I go to this boxing for sure. I am not challenging the system, I am just saying my right.

“I haven’t signed a new agreement yet, because I don’t want to sign an agreement on these certain conditions because I don’t feel protected. For the past two years, I have had to borrow money and nobody cares and I have no guarantee in this deal.

“So based on this experience, I’m trying to get better terms for my contract and what I think I deserve.”








Francis Ngannou will defend his title against Cyril Gane
(

Picture:

Zuffa LLC)



Ngannou has spoken in the past about his route to heavyweight boxing in the future.

And it’s no wonder Fury earned a guaranteed $ 6 million, before splitting a share of $ 18 million of the pay-per-view sales of the trilogy.

He has held the world title belt since March since his revenge win over Stipe Miocic at UFC 260.

And with just one fight remaining on his current UFC contract, he could potentially seek to leave the company as his frustration persists.

With challenges already faced in the past by British pair Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua, it could be sooner than expected.

But his own admission also makes it clear that his frustration lies in not being able to be “free” to negotiate deals for heavyweight boxing events.





Will we soon see Francis Ngannou in a boxing ring? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

“From what they said, I’m on an independent contract, so I want a termination date so that after that I can be free,” Ngannou continued.

“Then I would like to be free, so you have the right to decide where you go and what you are going to do.

“So I also won’t be forced to continue signing the contract (with a termination date), so it’s not a stand-alone contract.

“If you say I’m defying the system I’m already struggling to get by right now but I can assure you I’m not.”

Ngannou also previously called Fury with an answer, so he might even launch a bid for the heavyweight boxing world titles in the future.

And his punching power has already resonated in MMA so far, knocking out Alistair Overeem and Curtis Blaydes on the verge of becoming world champions.

But his allusive meeting with Jon Jones has taken on a new dimension in recent weeks, the American being arrested for assault and battery and domestic violence.

But for now, he has to face interim champion Gane, with the event set to be an exceptional pay-per-view on January 22.


Read more




Read more



Add a Comment